We strive to educate parents and kids about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when using our Services. We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), which requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about our information collection and use practices. COPPA also requires that we obtain parental consent before we allow children under the age of 13 to access and/or use our Services. We urge kids to check with their parents before entering information through our Site and/or Services, and we recommend that parents discuss with their kids restrictions regarding the online release of Personal Information (as defined below) to anyone they don’t know.
1. Information We Collect.
The personal information we may collect from you, includes but may not be limited to, your name, address, phone number and email address. We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website. However, we may also collect information from the following categories of sources:
- Publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records);
- Third party (e.g., sanctions screening providers, credit reporting agencies, customer due diligence providers, advertising networks, internet service providers, social networks, data analytics providers, government entities, and data brokers;
- Third party with your consent (e.g., your bank);
- Cookies on our website;
- Automated information collection;
Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Site to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of our Site, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This information includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services (the “Usage Information”). We collect this Usage Information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site and/or the Services.
We collect this Usage Information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site and/or the Services.
We do not collect Personal Information in this way, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
2. How We Use Your Information.
- To identify you when you sign in to your account;
- To respond to your requests and to provide you with the Services;
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes to the Site and/or the Services;
- To send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes;
- To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
- To enhance and improve the Site or the Service, such as through personalized features and content;
- To analyze the use of the Site and the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Site and the Service;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, we may have shared your information to:
- Our affiliates, including companies within the Erus’ group;
- Service providers we use to help deliver our products and/or services to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Our insurers and brokers;
- Our bank[s] and lender[s];
- External auditors;
We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business- related functions. Examples include calling, mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting services, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include Personal Information. If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the information that we have collected, including Personal Information, would be transferred along with our other business assets.
If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the information that we have collected, including Personal Information, would be transferred along with our other business assets.
We may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information to government authorities and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of this Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. How We Protect Your Information.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
5. Accessing and Modifying Account Information.
You may update the information that is stored in your user account by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
We strive to help parents ensure that their kids have a safe experience using our Services. Parents or legal guardians can review any Personal Information collected about their child under 13 years of age, have this information deleted, request that there be no further collection or use of their child’s Personal Information, and/or allow for our collection and use of their child’s Personal Information while withholding consent for us to disclose it to third parties. We take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child and to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
6. Your Choices.
If you wish to stop receiving promotional e-mails, you may do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email.
8. Important Notice to Users Outside the U.S.
The Site and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information through the Site or the Services, you consent to this transfer.
10. How to Contact Us.